Sunday, April 30, 2006

Busy week...(from Saturday, April 29)

This has been a really busy week. At the moment I’m on an American Airlines flight from Dallas/Fort Worth to Salt Lake City, thinking about how much I’m gonna miss Fort Worth and my family, and imagining what the next few months will be like in California. I’m flying into SLC, then driving down to Provo, picking up my stuff for the summer, crashing tonight with my aunt, then driving on down to Riverside tomorrow, approximately 8 hours or so. I think I’m gonna buy me an iTrip to take down with me so I don’t fall asleep from boredom.

These last few days have been so much fun for me, and I really didn’t go anywhere except be with my family! Isn’t it incredible how much fun one can have just with his family? I mean, Wednesday night we spent the whole evening within our house or front yard, and it’s one of the funnest nights I’ve ever had! My siblings and I played “Sorry” for the first time in YEARS after dinner, and laughed so hard. Then all 7 of us (Mom, Dad, 5 kids) went to the front yard where we played our own version of baseball, with girls (4) against guys (3). We ended with 13-13, which was a great and awfully unlucky score to end with, but we survived. The game was so much fun, though. If you could call fouls in baseball, then we would have all been ejected from the game! I remember at one point picking up and carrying my youngest sister over home plate – she was trying to keep me from scoring, or to delay me enough to be tagged out by my mom, that she grabbed onto my leg and wouldn’t let go. So, I picked her up and scored with her in my arms! After the baseball, when twilight set in, us 4 oldest kids had a long jump competition in the front yard, which was so much fun. I won, of course. Then we all went inside and watched a movie.

I know that that last paragraph sounds pretty boring, but with the family it was memories that I won’t forget. My family is so important to me, and it’s so much fun just to be with them and do things together, even if it’s not the most creative or “exotic” thing possible. Just playing baseball in the front yard became a cherished memory. I’m gonna miss them.

Now I’m off to a totally different life for the next 4 months. Even though I’m already missing Texas and my family, I’m uber excited for the summer. As Bublé put it, “It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life – and I’m feeling good.” This summer’s gonna be a blast, and I’ll do my best to keep y’all informed of what’s going on. Tchau

No comments: